Money Can't Buy--


Money Can't Buy... it's raining and I'm feeling a little cynical... here are some funny quotes that should spark me up...

Money can't buy love, but it improves your bargaining position. ~Christopher Marlowe

Money can't buy happiness, but it can make you awfully comfortable while you're being miserable. ~Clare Boothe Luce

Microsoft should know Money can’t buy love, but raise the anti and friends will jump on board.~Saul Hansell

Money can't buy love, but it definitely can buy plastic surgery ~anonymous on web forum

Money can't buy you love, but that's OK, because money's better anyway ~Nadine Coyle

Money can't buy happiness, but it can rent it for a long, long time. ~Garfield, the Cat

Money can't buy friends, but you can get a better class of enemy ~Spike Milligan

Money will buy a pretty good dog, but not the wag of his tail. ~Josh Billings

There are many things that money can't buy, but it's very funny -
Have you ever tried to buy them without money? ~Ogden Nash

I was not a classic mother. But my kids were never palmed off to boarding school. So, I didn't bake cookies. You can buy cookies, but you can't buy love. ~Raquel Welch


It's good to have money and the things that money can buy, but it's good, too, to check up once in a while and make sure that you haven't lost the things that money can't buy. ~George Horace Lorimer

There's only two things that money can't buy, and that's true love and homegrown tomatoes. ~Guy Clark


"My Lady"...had yet to learn that money cannot buy refinement of nature, that rank does not always confer nobility, and that true breeding makes itself felt in spite of drawbacks. ~Louisa May Alcott

Many a man thinks he is buying pleasure, when he is really selling himself a slave to it.~Benjamin Franklin

You aren't wealthy until you have something money can't buy. ~Garth Brooks

13 comments:

Barbara Doduk said...

Sorry you are feeling down today darling. Money isn't anything but a made up thing to barter with to purchase services or goods. It may make this life easier given we live in a cash based society but it can't ever make you "feel".

HUGS & Happy Halloweenie.

crunchycarpets said...

The RAIN sucks!
But my mood is pretty good today..I was offered a job!

Money....for me!!

The kids are ramped up on candy already and the men are decorating and I need to carve pumpkins.

Money doesn't solve problems...but boy retail therapy helps does it not????

Or being able to not worry about stuff....like bills, a roof over your head....

Binnie said...

As my dear old mother used to say: "Business is business, time is money, and love is, well, B.S." Though I think she loved me.

Anonymous said...

"Money can't buy you love"
quote from 4 British lads.

mskimberly said...

Money is a means to an end only. Money itself does not bring forth feelings/emotions one way or the other; it is the end result of what you may or may not have due to it or the lack of it.

Happiness is a choice that we make and is not derived from money. We choose to be happy with what we are now, have been, and will be blessed with. Being happy is about your state of mind regardless of any amount of money.

I would suggest reading on Mr. Mandela and his life's story. At the lowest points in his life he was able to find peace and true happiness - he is just one amazing example of how we "choose" to live :)

HealthiaCynthia said...

*Thanks, Barbara, for the commiseration, the compassion-- I'm fine, just looking for some extra "ups".
*And congrats to you, Crunchy, on the job offer! Fantabulous! *Binnie, your Mom was sage, and I know she loved you-- I figured you for some really hooting-good philosophical quip, and you didn't let me down!
*Yes, Anon, I really clicked on to the old "Money Can't Buy You Love" by the Fab 4 when putting this together... although I must say that a couple of them did seem to overcome their marriage to fame and fortune to enjoy loving relationships-- rare in that sphere I think...
*And Mskimberly I love Mr. Mandela's story, and also, Sister Teresa's, Ghandi's, Frankel's, etc... so good to be reminded of those folks who persevered with a lot more than a few gloomy, rainy, West Coast days in their lives. I'm appropriately humbled. You are dead-on about the choices you make all the time about how to experience our lives.

Addy said...

Money cannot be used to 'buy' Bob (my cat)
-not to lick my face when it's clean
-not to crawl under me when I'm doing push ups
-not to use my legs as his scratching post
-not to shed when I wear black
-not to snore under my bed in the middle of the night
-not to breathe bad breath into my face

(Sigh!)
-addy

Anonymous said...

The love of money is not only the root of all evil, it is a serious depressent. Money is nothing. Worship money and you will be in for a life of despair. Pursue the things you truely enjoy and the money you need will come in due course. Pursue money and you will never enjoy anything.

HealthiaCynthia said...

*Thanks Addy, for the kitty notes to what Money can't buy... aren't cats just about the most cannot-be-bought creature you can think of? Whatever they do, they do from whim or love, and certainly not because someone tempts, bribes or pays them...btw, I'm assuming that is Bob in your profile pic?
*Thanks Anonymous for your words of wisdom. I've actually written a couple of blogs that deal with exactly what you say: pursue $ and you chase the wind, your life is without meaning without a purpose to go with the money.

Addy said...

LOL
Yes, that's Bob in the pic.
:-)
-addy

Anonymous said...

money can buy laughter and laughter is good for your health so money is good for you

HealthiaCynthia said...

Yes, Anonymous, it does sound like a dose of money can be a healthy thing... hehehe... I'm all for laughter! There is no medicine like a cheerful heart (*the Bible).

Anonymous said...

Money can't buy your feelings of gratitude for living your life how you want tooooo or your thoughts that you vibrate.
Money can't buy the fresh smell of a new born baby and their smile or their wonderful feeling your get from them. The pets bring much more joy than money unconditional love....waking up everyday knowing that you are here again another day......