Who am I when Nobody's looking?

This is a photo of my granddaughter Angelika when she was nine months old, singing and laughing as she is pushed on a swing by her Mama. Can you remember what it was like to be a happy, carefree little child? Can you remember what it was like to dream and to see yourself as able to grow up to do anything or be anyone you decided upon?

I greatly admire actress-entrepreneur, Suzanne Somers. Some of you will remember her as the cute blond air-head on the sit-com "Three's Company". When her role ended there Suzanne dealt with a lot of negative feelings, and went through some other unpleasant challenges in her life. She also made a fortune with her infomercials promoting thigh-master and other fitness equipment. And she wrote books and continued to act.

I'm currently reading her daily readings book called 365 Ways to Change Your Life. Her first day's "thought" suggests that I (you) "remember who I was as a child with all my dreams and fantasties, when the world and life in general were not filled with fear and limitations, before the wounding began and I allowed others and outside influences to convince me I couldn't do it... That memory will stay with me always and give me the freedom to start my journey toward my authentic self."

"In addition to reading ten pages a day of a motivational or inspirational book...listen to a self-improvement CD for at least 15 minutes every day... If you spend that time listening to educational and self-improvement material, you'll have the equivalent of a Ph.D. on any subject you choose in just a few years. That's the Slight Edge." ~Jeff Olson, author of "The Slight Edge: Secret to a Successful Life"

No comments: